Resources for Buyers
Things to Consider Before Buying a Home
- Check Your Credit – Your credit is crucial when applying for a loan; the better your score, the lower your interest rates will be. Be sure to check all three major credit reporting companies: Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion as the information in each report may vary slightly. Make sure you make copies of your credit report as well, and check your score well in advance of applying for loans.
- Find a Lender – Most people need to take out a loan when buying a home, and you’ll want to be prepared to make an offer when you find that perfect home. Karen Church believes it is important to be sure that you’re approved for a loan before you start looking at homes so you don’t miss out on any opportunities. If you need help finding a lender, this is where Karen can recommend trusted lenders near you. She will be your greatest resource in locating the right person to meet your lending needs and guide you throughout the buying process.
- Price Range – Calculate what’s realistic for you before considering different areas to live in to be sure things stay within your budget. This is where a trusted lender comes in. A lender will guide you through the process of knowing your range. Karen’s referral of a strong and confident lender can not only help you make the most out of your money, but ensure that the process is smooth and efficient.
- Research – Finding the right home can be time consuming, but it’s important to consider everything before you decide. What’s the commute like to work? If you have kids, what are the schools like in the area? How many bed and bathrooms will you need? Do you prefer a newer or older styled home? All are important factors to take into account during the home finding process. Karen is dedicated to helping you through the entire home buying process. She will help you to identify the homes to view that meet your new home criteria. She will assist you in accessing those homes and finding the pros and cons of each home you view. Once she helps you to find that perfect home, she will prepare a written offer. With Karen’s experience in the market, she can help you arrive at an offer that both fits your budget and has the best chance of being accepted. Karen will negotiate the entire process with you every step of the way.
- Once Your Offer is Accepted – After your offer is presented, negotiated, and accepted, you’ll have a grace period to have the house professionally inspected and request repairs if the situation arises. Karen and her team help you to identify professionals to assist in this process. They schedule these professionals with your approval and work closing with you and the business professionals throughout the inspection process. Karen then negotiates with you on your behalf any repairs that need to happen. Once this step is complete, she will work with the lender to verify the terms and conditions of your loan. Karen will assist in scheduling the signing your closing documents with a title and escrow company. Karen is here to assist you with any questions you may have during the process
- Moving Time! – Now that you’ve found your perfect home it’s time to make moving arrangements. If you plan on utilizing a professional moving company, Karen can recommend reputable, local movers. Don’t forget to fill out your change of address forms and inform the utility company of your move! Karen Church will be here with you every step of the way to ensure this is the best move you have ever made!